A tag management system (TMS) allow you to manage and maintain tags from within a single application, enforcing workflow and process, leading to many distinctive benefits:
- Accuracy of the overall analytics data set.
- Easier Integration of analytics data from different sources and applications.
- Efficiency of adding tags when need it in the product cycle.
- Flexibility in adding and testing new tags and reduced dependency on suppliers whilst freeing up IT resources.
- Control of site compliance to technical best practices, privacy and other mandates.
- Performance improvement in page load time due to streamlining and serving tags only when appropriate.
The selected TMS vendor should meet the following high level requirements
- Easy to used – needs to make marketing more agile. The interface should be user-friendly for not technical users.
- Improve effectiveness by handling over control to the marketing team.
- Improve site performance and customer experience.
- Should support advance tagging, attribution modeling and multi-vendors tags deployment.
- Should support integration with your internal database.
- Should accommodate multiple user group and permission level.
- Need to respond quickly to new legislation and privacy concerns.
|Ensighten||Ensigthen provides enterprise tag management solutions that enable businesses manage their websites more effectively.||Anametrix and TagMan|
|Tealium||Tealium is a provider of tag management solutions, including analytics, advertising and affiliate enterprise websites|
|Signal||Signal is a cross-channel marketing company that provides cloud-based marketing technology for brand and digital agencies.||BrightTag and SiteTagger|
|Tag Commander||Tag Commander is a tag management system based on a new technology combined with an ergonomic interface called Universal Tag Container|
|Relay42||Relay24 is known for its cutting-edge technology, easy to use, flexibility and integration capabilities.|
|Qubit||Qubit provides a product suit that collects and process large data sets to identify and execute the biggest levers for improving online profitability, through machine learning, statistical analysis and high performance computing.|
Which of the following benefits has your firm experienced as a results of your TMS?
Based 56 North American digital marketing decision-makers who have implemented a TMS Source Forrester Reseach
Let’s start with two SEO myth: meta keywords are death and should not be used. Next, an heavy meta keywords optimized site is counterproductive for your ranking since the latest Google Penguin release. There are in fact rumors that also Bing used them to determine whether a site is a spam or a genuine site.
On the contrary, meta descriptions are crucial: they appear in the search results as the snippet description of the website/page. Each page should have its unique meta description: search engine consider duplicate tattle tags or meta description as bad form and can actually penalize the page.
If you have a responsive website, duplicate content displayed on across devices is a serious issue. Google recommend to add a canonical tags to all mobile optimized page, and an alternate tags to the respective web site pages. In this way, its search engine will easily determine and show the device-optimized page to the user client. You can also use canonical tags to discriminate yours from a partner’s content.
In recent time, rich snippets that enables the site to embellish their search results with add-ons, such as customer’s ratings have gained popularity. Although it is still unclear how they might affect your website ranking on search engine, recent studies prove that a user is more likely to engage with sites that have richest snippets.
Last but not least, you can claim Google authorship by linking you site with your Google + account.
|Meta Description||155 characters||165 characters|
|Meta Title||62 Characters||57 Characters|
On the subject of usability and user experience, the case of Skype. A brief analysis using the 5 usability building blocks: easy to use, structure, aesthetic, intuitiveness, and functionality.
Short Presentation on Personalisation, Behavioural Targeting and Online Marketing Optimisation
A Multiple regression model for determining best online marketing mix. How to determine feasible zones (where sales are more likely to be generated) and forecast sales using an optimization model.
10 Lessons Learnt in 2010 by SEOMOZ